This link will provide a wealth of information on renewing an Arkansas teacher license and more.
- There is NO FEE for adding an Area or applying for a Lifetime Teaching License. Please contact ADE at 501-682-4342 for further information.
- A teaching license cannot be issued with payment of required fee until a completed and signed licensure application form with the appropriate application type marked, is received in the Office of Professional Licensure.
- A completed and signed licensure application form will not be required for licensure renewal when teachers are employed with a public school system and have met all requirements for the automatic renewal of their teaching license.
- The renewal fee for a five (5) year standard license is $75.00 effective July 1, 2013. If you need a duplicate license (i.e. your current license has been lost), you can request another for $50.00.
- Licensure fees and refunds
Background Check Requirements
Arkansas State Police, FBI, and Child Maltreatment Central registry background checks, are required for student teaching internship, first time licensure, first time or change of employment, and all renewals.